Neurosurgery Department in Zion Hospital comprises of a team of expert neurosurgeons for the surgical treatment of disorders of the nervous system. Neurosurgery is commonly confusingly labelled 'brain surgery', but also concerns with the disorders affecting all parts of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerves.
Neurosurgeons don't always recommend surgery and may instead resort to non-surgical methods depending on the patient.
What Disorders do Neurosurgeons Treat:
- Brain Haemorrhages
- Cranial Fractures
- Neck & Back Pain
- Spinal Traumas & Injuries
- Moyamoya Disease
- Cervical, Thoracic or Lumbar Disc Herniation
- Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
- Injuries to Peripheral Nerves
- Tumours of Spine, Spinal Cord and Peripheral Nerves
- Parkinson's Disease
- Cranial & Peripheral Nerve Pain
Our team of neurosurgeons use advanced medical facilities and research-based methodologies for diagnosis and treatment of disorders.
Neurosurgeons use different techniques to accurately diagnose the problems of the patient. They use:
- Computed Tomography (CT) Scans
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Scans
- Positron emission tomography (PET)
- Electroencephalogram (EEG)