Orthopedics and trauma is the branch of surgery that takes care of musculoskeletal trauma.
ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY SERVICES AT ZION HOSPITALS
Increasing urbanization and rapidly growing vehicular traffic are outpacing the road space and dangerously increasing the density of vehicles per kilometre. Over the past few years, this has led to a tremendous increase in road traffic accidents. More lives are lost each year due to traffic-related accidents than the deaths during World War II.
When someone is critically injured every second matters. Getting timely & adequate care is the key to prevention of most of the deaths. Deaths and permanent disability caused due to Trauma or Road Traffic Accidents can be prevented if the victim is brought to a well equipped Trauma Centre. This fact has been well recognized by the government of India, which is planning to build trauma centres on major highways.
Zion Hospital has taken an early initiative towards this and has set up a well equipped and hi-tech trauma management system, in keeping with its tradition of providing world-class facilities to its patients.
MAJOR COMPONENTS OF TRAUMA CARE SYSTEM AT ZION HOSPITAL TRAUMA CENTRE
One point contact to activate Zion Hospital Trauma Team. Just Call: 0124-4585666
The Trauma team takes charge of the situation. An Ambulance equipped with Life-saving machines like Ventilator, DC Fabricators, Monitoring Devices, Oxygen Supply, Basic and Advanced Life support system, manned by trained personnel would be on the way within a few minutes.
The trauma team determines the severity of the injury, injury to specific body parts and identification of high-risk patients.
The injured patients are immediately put on life support system in the ambulance and the treatment starts at the site of accident itself. The patient is moved to the hospital for definite and final treatment.
Acute Hospital care:
Dedicated Trauma Surgeons & Physicians who are highly skilled in treating high-end injuries and providing tertiary care facilities will already be waiting at the hospital facilitating early diagnosis, surgery and critical supportive care.
The Golden Hour:
In accident victims, the first hour after the accident is considered the 'Golden Hour'. It is critical in accident patients that the time gap between the accident and the definitive treatment is minimized. This can help in saving precious lives. It is made possible by our dedicated trauma service unit that the patient is quickly evaluated and moves through diagnostics and gets the final treatment within the golden hour.
Long-term Care Rehabilitation:
A dedicated link is in place between inpatient rehabilitation and acute care, to ensure a smooth transition to long-term recovery.
Zion Hospital Trauma Team:
- General Surgeons
- Trauma Intensives Anaesthetist
- Plastic Surgeon
- Facial Surgeon
- Well-equipped Emergency Room having eight dedicated triage beds with all equipment for resuscitation at bedside.
- Six bedded high dependency unit for continuous care after resuscitation till they are fit enough to be shifted to rooms/ICU
- Dedicated Operation Theater for all life-saving procedures.
- State of the art operating rooms, anesthesia, MRI, CT scan, Digital X-Ray, ICU and Laboratory.
- For severely injured patients, rapid blood transfusion and its availability can mean the difference between life and death. Zion Hospital has a Blood Bank with sufficient supply of blood and blood components.
- Immediate availability of all specialists and super-specialist doctors.
- Specialized personnel and services are available 24 hours a day.
- Supported by well-qualified nurses and paramedics.
- Physical and occupational therapy to facilitate recuperation and rehabilitation.
- Dietary services to cater to the needs of individual patients.